What do I blog about?

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Adding Color to a Bathroom Cabinet

I snagged this idea off of pinterest and absolutely love how it turned out! Such an easy way to go from this:
Boring
 To this:
Lovely!
Just by doing this!
Cool!
Add a splash of color, or a cutesie pattern that helps tie in mismatched towels and decor, without having to paint or wall paper (i.e. commit to loving something long term.) Simply cut a piece of cardboard the size of the space you wish to fill and cover it in fabric. I kept it simple by folding the fabric edges around the back of the cardboard and securing it with tape. The best part is that I already had the cardboard (hello huge diaper box) and the fabric was a piece my grandma donated to my scrap bin!
Oh, and by the way... I painted this vase once upon a time at a pottery studio. 
It has our last name and the year we were married.

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! You could change it out for seasons, or just whenever you get tired of the color. How fun! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to let you know I featured this today over on my blog! You can check out the feature and grab a featured button here: http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/08/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-14/

      Delete
  2. I'm always looking for ways to make my bathroom a little fancier. This is so cute. I found you on the Dedicated House.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty and happy! Thank you for sharing this at Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete